14 Jan The 7 Fatal Mistakes When Buying Windows & Doors
1. Buying the cheapest or opting for a cheaper price
A wise early supplier said to me, ‘ I can offer you three things, a quality product, excellent customer service and a cheap price – now pick any two from three because it is an impossi bility in business to be able to offer a customer all of those’
2. Getting conned by huge drops in price from original quotation
It’s been used for years and still is to this day, you get a quotation and the sales person says “Let me just ring my boss and see what I can do if you sign up tonight” – It’s fake and false but people still fall for it on a daily basis.
3. Using finance offered by the company
borrowing from your own bank is nearly always cheaper – tricky I know! But these companies offer extremely high interest rates over long periods of time so it can work out that you are paying nearly twice as much for your windws & doors.
4. That an A + 6 rated window is significantly better than an A + 1
It is so negligible you would not notice yet is another tactic that has been used by window companies for years.
5. That any glass conservatory roof will not resemble a greenhouse in the summer
Unfortunately glass roofs are not the best solution for your conservatory, they do not retain heat in the winter and the summer is the complete op posite making your conservatory almost impossible to use. Solid Tiled roofs are a much better solution.
6. That a key in the lock of a handle secures the window
Another myth that is still used by companies to this day. Unfortunately this isn’t the case.
7. Buying from a business that you have not checked is registered with the relevant body first, fensa, certass
This will prove to be a nightmare if you ever plan to sell your home. When selling a property a valid certificate is required so it is essential you use a company that is certified.